Current courses on offer include:
Certificate IV in Embalming (SIF40213)
MFE is dedicated to offering students a comprehensive education in all phases of embalming. Learning the fundamentals of embalming arts is and will continue to be an important and necessary component of funeral service education because the core element of embalming is still a major force of the profession.
Encoffin deceased persons
Cleanse & disinfect deceased persons
Set facial features
Treat abdominal & thoracic cavities
Dress the deceased & apply cosmetics
Apply anatomy & physiology principles to embalming
Restore minor body damage
Treat the head & body after autopsies
Restore & set eyes after eye donation
Determine embalming requirements
Perform arterial embalming of natural cases
Perform arterial embalming of autopsied cases
Treat complex ante mortem cases
Treat complex post mortem cases
Supervise mortuary operations
Follow mortuary work health & safety procedures
Work Effectively in the funeral services industry
Deal with grief responses
Implement & monitor infection & contamination control practices
Make presentations to community groups
Prepare & conduct tours
Design a mortuary
Coordinate mortuary operations
To enrol in the Certificate course it is necessary for the student to have access to the funeral workplace and someone that is willing to act as a mentor in order to complete the various assessment tasks.
Occupational Health & Safety
Infectious Control & Basic Hygiene
How to Prepare & Conduct Tours
Liaise with the Community
Understanding Grief & Bereavement
Objectives of the MFE funeral service education programs:
- To enlarge the background and knowledge of students about the funeral service profession.
- To educate students in every phase of funeral service, and to help enable them to develop the proficiency and skills necessary in the profession.
- To educate students concerning the responsibilities of the funeral service profession in the community at large
- To emphasize high standards of ethical conduct
- To provide a curriculum at the post secondary level of instruction
We also provide customised training to suit individual workplace requirements.
COSTING OF EDUCATION COURSES:
How much is the Course going to cost me?
Traineeships/apprenticeships may be available in some states for the Certificate IV in Embalming to those who qualify. To determine your qualifications, contact your nearest state department of education.
The Course Fee Schedule 2018:
MFE has made every effort to keep the costs for certificate courses to a minimum:
Lecture Based Course Workshops
Lecture based training will be conducted over six 4 day blocks, (2 for each semester) [Thursday – Sunday in Melbourne, at Port Melbourne for theory sessions and Footscray for practical sessions (in embalming laboratory).
MFE requires students to attend every session.
Course Fee: 20 installments of $525.00
Includes enrolment fee, embalming consumables, morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea on lecture days at Port Melbourne
- First installment is non-refundable as it includes the enrolment fee.
- Does not include textbooks (approximate cost $400.00), personal protective equipment or embalming consumables.
Distance Learning Courses
Course Fee: 20 installments of $525.00*
- First installment is non-refundable as it includes enrollment fee.
- Does not include textbooks (approximate cost $400.00), personal protective equipment or embalming consumables
*Practical Examinations take place in Melbourne, however Examiners can be flown to your facility at your expense. (costs would include: transport and accommodation for 1 person)
All fees are GST inclusive
Please note that each student needs to be employed in funeral service or made appropriate arrangements approved by MFE and organized a mentor/supervisor.
Short Courses cost
Our Short Courses or individual modules are paid up front.
All prices upon application.
We hope that you choose MFE for all your mortuary and funeral service education needs.